Monday, October 8, 2007

FUN MONDAY HERE I COME!


"I want to see what you see on any given morning this week; from somewhere very near where you live. Front porch, back porch, down the street, around the corner. Just makes sure it's your neighborhood. Post a photo that will send me to the travel agent to book a weekend at your local Bed & Breakfast."
care of The Dust Will Wait


Here is where I live...well...my street corner in Webb, IA anyway...



This is the view right out my front door...this house was used as a boarding house for the teachers back in the day...WWII...



This house is behind ours...this is the oldest house in Webb...



This says: "BM '73" the former owners wrote this when they put in their new driveway and sidewalk...Burel Mathews...1973...



This is our coal shute...no...we are not that back country...it does not serve a purpose anymore...just kinda cool...



This is how we get our heat...propane...sweet, expensive propane...



And our water pump...it does still work...if you want to take the pukey-sicky express for a week or so...yes...we are on the town's water...but doesn't it look rustic and old fashioned!



These are 3 out of our 4 kids halloween decorations...the biggest is kincaid's from school...the little pumkin is corrine's and one gourd is for one of the twins...


...the rain took the other one down...poor little gourd...



I love decorating...this is our garage door...


and this is the quarter-sized spider hanging from our garage...yucky, yucky, yucky, yucky spider...but it makes for a great halloween decoration...brought to you by god and all gross creepy crawly things...


And in all this rain and cold we are having this morning...there is still alittle beauty to be found in the garden...


And last but not least...the ghosties that we put up yesterday...



and that is my october view...thank you very much...now i must go check out everyone else...holy cow...look at that list...


11 comments:

katy said...

love the water pump, but only for decoration purpose though! oh the spider not for me!

Anonymous said...

Very cool water pump. Do you use it to irrigate your yard?

Molly said...

You have presented a very nice photo essay of your space. Boarding house for teachers...I find that to be an interesting comment.

Anonymous said...

I can't help but smile at the fun halloween decor designed by nature. :)

I always talk to our little spider girl...does that make me too wierd?

Kaytabug said...

Great pictures! It really looks like Iowa! Those are really cool things to still have at your place...even if they are used its just cool!
Beautiful flower!

theotherbear said...

Love the ghosts. I had one hanging in my room as a kid that swung around and glowed in the dark. Scared the living daylights out of me.

my4kids said...

How cool to have a working water pump like that. Even if the water isn't good to drink its still cool!
Great pics and I like your ghosties!

Tiggerlane said...

I love the decorations! Poor gourd.

There is a lot of history surrounding you...and I love the water pump. Nostalgia!

karisma said...

Very interesting. Love the pictures it was a nice change. Yes there are a lot of posts to check out. Its taking me all week.

ChrisB said...

OOOh a water pump this so brings back my childhood we had a pump in the back garden (yard) in the first house I remember (3-8yrs old) then we moved and had a pump in our scullery (but we also had tap mains in this house.

Anonymous said...

Kerith, did you know I FINALLY put up an October Views FM? For you, my dear (well, you provided the kick in the behind). If you read around my blog a tiny bit, you'll understand why I didn't have a post up in time :).

Thanks for your email to me...it made my day (and I linked back to your blog in my post because of your sweetness).

Your post here is GREAT--so much diversity. It definitely gives a feel for where you live. You reminded me how much I USED to decorate...now that my kids are older, I don't so more (except when the spiders decorate naturally :) ).

I'll be back later when I have more blogging time!