Friday, October 5, 2007

Have you done a Care Bear Day yet?


Do you go to the toy web sites you see on TV? Well, I do, and (for the most part) they are a fantastic way for you and your kids to spend some quailty time together.


What? You didn't know that the internet could bring you and your family closer together? It does...and your kids can learn something along the way.


We were watching a Care Bear commerical and my son noticed that you could also get your fill of the Care Bears on the internet. So we went and we have been going back ever since.


So we made yesterday Care Bear Day. We went on a hunt at stores to find some little care bears of our own. Kincaid picked grumpy and Corrine picked Hopeful Heart.


We printed off coloring pages... corrine loves to color and kincaid loves to color on the computer...but it all makes for a fun Care Bears Day. We all sat down at the computer ( yes, we did...people sit around the TV for hours a day...why not the computer) and watched some Care Bear's cartoons and music videos.
We played some games. Kinciad's favorite is Oopsy's Bubble Bumpers. It is like pinball...only cute and cuddely...and free!
And finally, we looked at a picture of some of them and decided which ones we wanted to buy next.
So the next time you and your little ones are bored, why not open up the Care Bear's world and jump in. You will be glad you did...and besides...they are ssssssssoooooooooo cute, even my hubby can't resist their do-gooder-must-hugger charm!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Care Bears have been around a long time.
My daughter had a Care Bear when she was about a year old - she'll be 25 in April.
Wish the Internet had been around then.
And isn't it marvelous how you made a whole day out of it.

Beckie said...

I may have to check it out. I am always looking for age appropriate games for my littlest one. She would prefer to play on the DS or the Wii, but I am trying to keep her as young as I can for as long as I can.

BTW, I figured out how to put the html badge & link on my Wordpress blog.

Jill said...

that's awesome. try googling free coloring pages. it's awesome how much stuff you can print and color. especially holidays, etc. by the way, how do you pronounce your girls' name? CorrEEEEn or CorINN? it just helps when i read it to know. thanks!

footiam said...

I like bears and kitty cat!